Menstrual cramps are a pain (pun intended), and we all know it. But taking Tylenol or ibuprofen regularly is not good for our bodies. Midol also has less than ideal ingredients. So what ways can we go about this naturally?
There are items you may already have at home to help, and others you may want to consider adding to your Aunt Flow arsenal.
• Heating pad — I love the king size. It wraps around more of the abdomen and feels so good!) A flaxseed heating pad is a great natural alternative
• Fair trade chocolates — chocolate just makes everything better. I get the soy free, they are trade chocolate. Soy and I do not get along.
• Cloth pads — I had far fewer cramps with much less intensity, as well as a less heavy flow once I ditched toxic tampons and pads, and switched to cloth or at least organic cotton pads.
• Menstrual cup — this is the best eco-friendly option (besides free bleeding). This prevents any waste.
• Earthley’s Ease the Ache — amazing for cramps! I’ll give a testimonial below as well as details of how to save 58%. But if you have cramps, this is a must have.
• Kombucha this is a great fermented tea with beneficial probiotics do you help keep your gut health and check.
• Soothing music — I Carmens tend to peek during her your menstrual cycle. Bring a little calmness to your day with soothing music.
• Herbal bath — Who doesn’t love a nice relaxing bath? These beneficial herbs can help bring relief to cramping as well as help heal after birth, plus it’s safe for baby!
Earthley’s Ease the Ache was formulated for women who need some help during menstruation. The herbs help to ease cramping and pain, are rich in vitamin K to slow heavy bleeding, and help to smooth out mood swings. It’s also great for postpartum mamas to deal with pesky afterpains! Try it for just $5!
My teen and I have used it the last few months and I can tell you, this works! I no longer have painful cramps, and my teen no longer complains either.
JUNE 28, 2021 ONLY!
Get a 1oz Ease the Ache (Women’s Cramp Formula) for just $5. Click here. No code will be needed.)
Also, save 10% on:
~Natural Balance – Hormone Support
~Castor Detox – Detoxing & Pain Relief
~Detox Bath – Detox Support
~Nourish Her Naturally – Women’s Multivitamin
Here’s more to consider to have a more natural menstrual cycle.
Have you considered what the tampons you are using are made of? How they affect your body? Would they be causing more intense cramps? The materials used to make pads and tampons are often bleached, and because tampons and pads are considered medical devices, manufacturers are not required to disclose the ingredients. Check out this article for more information. And 7 reasons why you should ditch tampons here.
Alternatives to tampons and mainstream pads are:
Reusable pads or tampons Etsy is a great place to look for these
Period underwear you can wash and use again. Just be very careful of which brand you choose, many contain toxic chemicals. Thinx is in lawsuits over this.