The first night I used this bowl, I was totally geeking out about it. I LOVED it. My determined-to-self-feed son spilled very little of his dinner on the table thus most of his dinner made it to his mouth – success! Just to be fair, I decided to use the bowl a few more times before writing the review just to be sure it continued to live up to its expectations, and it has!
The contoured shape is great. It helps guide food onto the spoon. I was a little worried that my son would get a heaping spoonful and still spill food all over the table, but I think because the bowl only holds 4 ounces, it helps him get the proper amount on the spoon, so spilling is very minimal. And he does not throw this bowl like he does his plates.
This bowl should be on every baby registry – a must-have for anyone with a baby or toddler in the house.
- Very good at helping babies learn to self feed with the innovative shape of the bowl and rubber base to keep bowl in place
- Utensils are just the right size and shape for little hands to easily grasp
- Most of the food stays in the bowl or on the spoon
- If you are holding baby and feeding with 1 hand, the bowl stays put with the rubber base
- Free of all the ickies – BPA, phthalate, lead and PVC
- Can be washed in dishwasher (top-rack ONLY!)
- Mom-invented and I love that!
- I wish the bowl was available in a bigger size – it only holds 4 ounces, so I have to refill his bowl 3 times to fill his growing belly – but it is not a huge issue, as I mentioned above, I think the size helps him get a reasonable amount onto his spoon
- It’s a little expensive at $12.95 per set (bowl, spoon, fork)
- Other spoons/forks may not work as well with this bowl unless they are the same size and shape as the Baby Dipper set. Meaning you will want to use the set together every time to prevent having to use an alternate spoon. (hard for DH to grasp, though my almost-4-year-old seems to get it)
I love the bowl so much that I gave one to a friend for her baby shower. I think this will be my new baby gift staple.
Want one?? Enter to win!
There are multiple ways to enter. And enter as many ways as you wish, just follow the rules!
1. Leave a comment here and tell us your favorite thing about the bowl (1 entry)
2. Follow @greenparenting on Twitter, leave a comment below (1 entry)
3. Follow @babydipper on Twitter, leave a comment below (1 entry)
4. Subscribe to the Baby Dipper newsletter, leave a comment below (1 entry, to be verified)
5. Follow the Baby Dipper blog, leave a comment below (1 entry, to be verified)
6. Tweet about the giveaway: Enter to win! Baby Dipper bowl review and #giveaway http://bit.ly/cDIH9G (via @greenparenting) 1 tweet per day, post link to status in comments
You can also keep up with the latest news from the Baby Dipper on Facebook (though following does not count as an extra entry).
Contest ends at midnight CST, April 12, 2010. Winner will be notified via email and must respond within 2 days. If no response, a new winner will be chosen. Baby Dipper LLC will provide shipping to a winner in the US or Canada.
Disclaimers: Previous winners of the Baby Dipper bowl giveaways sponsored by Baby Dipper, LLC are not eligible. I received the bowl from the Baby Dipper LLC, though the views expressed in my review are those of my own experience with the bowl. No other compensation was or will be received.