When the Happy Mama wash first arrived from Earth Mama Angel Baby, I was not sure I liked the smell (but read on… :). I think I was expecting something similar to the baby wash (a vanilla-orange scent – oh so yummy!). The Happy Mama wash is a ginger-grapefruit scent.
The next morning I gave it a whirl. Now, I do not know if my sniffer was having a moment when the Happy Mama wash first arrived, or if the hot steam in the shower had anything to do with it, but the scent was awesome!!! I truly felt like I was at a spa. The ginger scent is supposed to be great for those with morning sickness and since the EMAB products are rated zero (0) on the EWG’s database, it’s completely safe during pregnancy and beyond. Good to know because I had horrible morning sickness with both my kids – just in case the Lord blesses us with a third. Being non-toxic is so important as chemicals can be absorbed into your skin. So this wash is safe for the entire family!
The Mama Wash is made of essential oils and comes in a foam pump, which I really love. The soap is hydrating, so does not dry out my sensitive skin like some soaps. The packaging is really sweet and the ingredients are spelled out clearly and you can pronounce them, which is a must in my book.
The only negative I have is that the suds do not last long, but admit that could more so be because we have hard water. I use a loofa and have to reload with a few pumps of the wash several times during the cleansing process. While my son’s wash has lasted 3-4 months, I don’t think this bottle will last this long, maybe half that. Being on a tight budget, I will probably keep this as a special treat one or twice a week, and use my olive oil soap in between. It smells so wonderful though, I fully expect I will cheat….
Happy Mama Wash
NEW for mamas and the whole family! USDA Certified Made With Organic Ingredients
- Rated All Zeros on the Skin Deep toxin database, the best rating a product can receive
- With fresh Ginger to combat queasiness, and organic Pink Grapefruit essential oils to give spirits a lift
- Naturally safe organic olive oil castile soap base
- No harsh detergents and zero toxins mean that it’s safe enough for pregnant women, so it’s safe enough for the whole family!
- A morning sickness busting companion with Happy Mama Spray
- Certified vegan and cruelty‐free
The Mamas at EMAB are also amazing! They really know their stuff and have an amazing product line. And customer service is top notch.
Win some Happy Mama Wash for yourself.
OK, here are the rules. Contest is open to US and Canadian Mama’s only.
Ways to enter
1. Go to the EMAB website and tell us which product you would love to try (or which is your favorite if you are already a fan).
2. Follow @greenparenting on twitter and leave a comment here
3. Follow @earthmamahq on twitter and leave a comment here
4. Sign up for the EMAB newsletter and leave a comment here
5. RT this giveaway and leave a comment. One tweet per day allowed. Earth Mama Angel Baby Happy Mama Wash review and #giveaway will make your sniffer happy! via @greenparenting http://bit.ly/aRSlK6
Contest ends at midnight CST on November 14.
Or if you don’t want to wait, hop on over to the EMAB website and pick some up for yourself, while there, don’t forget about baby and get the Angel Baby Shampoo and Body Wash, Angel Baby Bottom Balm and Angel Baby Lotion too. The lotion is amazing for eczema – I use it on my son as well.